Thursday, May 15, 2014
The Resolute Beauty Blogger - May Updates
Welcome to the May updates of the beauty blogger resolution series called the Resolute Beauty Blogger.
Today I will be giving updates on the goals I set for myself back in January.
1. Increase my Twitter and Bloglovin followers by 20 per month.
May Update: Again, I surpassed this goal. I increased Twitter followers by 143 and Bloglovin followers by 28 between April and May.
2. Keep track of my blog's monthly stats.
May Update: I kept track of my monthly blog stats using the table that I discussed in my January post.
3. Participate in 1 tag per month.
May Update: Sadly, I did not participate in a tag this month.
4. Do not do more than 3 hours of blogging relating "stuff" per weeknight.
May Update: I did have a few 1am Youtube watching nights but they were rare. I'm getting better about this.
5. Come up with a weekly or monthly series for my blog.
May Update: I've been continuing my "Frugal Fridays" series.
6. Do a tutorial, Face of the Day post, or a "tips" type post once a month.
May Update: I did an eye makeup shot and a sort-of tutorial in my review of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.
7. Don't be so self-conscious of posting full face pictures of myself.
May Update: I'm becoming more comfortable posting full face photos.
8. Make my blog look more personal. Add a pretty background, a cool header, etc.
May Update: Still no progress on this.
I did attend a Boston blogger meet-up and a blogger boot camp event. Both events were really fun and the boot camp event was really informative. I've also recently contacted a few brands and PR companies in hopes of gaining some collaborations/sponsored opportunities.
How about you? Did you set up any goals this year for your blog?