You will need:
1. File the top coat of nail polish a little. This is to put some scratches in the top coat of the gel polish to really let the acetone soak in.
2. Pour some acetone into the bowl and soak the cotton balls.
3. Squeeze the cotton balls so they aren't dripping wet and apply them over your nails and wrap the cotton balls in aluminum foil.
4. Wait 10-15 minutes then remove the foil and cotton.
5. Use your other hand's nails to pick away at the peeling polish.
7. Apply hand cream and perhaps a nail strengthener if you wish.
As you can see I still had little spots of polish left but that was fine with me. Overall this took me about 30 minutes but saved me a trip to the nail salon and at least 10 bucks.
Hope this helped anyone considering removing their gel mani at home. Have you ever tried this procedure?