Happy New Year everyone!!
Since it's a brand new year and I recently had my 3 month blog anniversary I thought I'd write a post with my ramblings/advice/thoughts on blogging and questions I still have. So here we go!
1. Blogging is 100000x more work than I ever thought.
2. Copying/pasting stock photos off other websites is frowned upon (I did not know this at all when I first started). Taking and editing your own photos takes TONS of time (for me anyways).
3. "They" say to not compare your stats and success to other bloggers but it's REALLY hard not to no matter how hard I try. It's also hard to not become discouraged.
4. Most beauty bloggers are very young. At the beginning of my blogging journey I was self-conscious abut being "older", thankfully I've gotten over that. Not sure how, I just don't care anymore.
5. ANY new beauty purchase is a possible blog post.
6. Beauty blogging has pretty much quadrupled my makeup obsession and spending and I love it! :)
7. Think long and hard about your blog name and when you think you've decided on one, think longer and harder! I do like my blog name but now I'm feeling it's a little silly. If I want to change it though, I know I need to do it sooner rather than later and I just can't think of another one I love right now.
8. Finishing a post that you feel people will like and with decent photos is an amazing feeling.
9. My first comment from a stranger (not a real life friend) was the best feeling ever!
10. Not only are Twitter chats really fun, I've found that they are the #1 way to get more readers and followers.
11. I suck at winning contests. :)
12. I'm curious if my obsession with my blog will ever lessen. Right now I do blogging related things while I'm at work and well into the night. Sometimes I'm up until 2 or 3am reading other beauty/fashion blogs, blogging advice blogs, or watching Youtube videos. I need to stop this, I can't stay up so late on nights that I have to wake up early to go to work the next morning! Spoiler alert: this is going to be one of my 2014 resolutions.
1. When you talk about how many followers your blog has, are you referring to your Bloglovin account followers? Google+ followers? Something else?
2. Besides your URL looking more professional, I'm still not understanding the point of buying your own domain name.
3. I've read that Wordpress has more plugins, besides that, why do so many people move from Blogger to Wordpress? Are the plugins really that great?
Well I guess that's all for now. Again, I hope everyone has a fabulous 2014!!